Wednesday, March 22, 2017

I'm sorry Chuck Barris

Midge and I are looking forward to the garden.


Went to a St. Patrick's Day party Saturday night. Had a lot of fun and enjoyed my corned beef, colcannon, creamed cabbage and pumpernickel bread. I did not enjoy my euchre hands grrrrr. And I enjoyed the company of course. One of the guys announced that Chuck Barry had died, and proposed a toast and everyone heartily agreed. While I was happily swilling my beer I thought, "Wow, I had no idea my friends were so interested in the host from the Gong Show!"  Beer always tastes extra good on St. Patrick's Day due to my Irish Mallaney heritage. It was green beer too. I think I almost convinced one of my friends that I bought green Bud Light in a can at the liquor store. And I thought I was THE MOST GULLIBLE PERSON IN THE WORLD.  Fast forward to the next day, I am on the internet and I realize my mistake. It seems that Chuck Barry and Chuck Barris are different people. Fast forward to TODAY, and wow, Chuck Barris died last night! My friend texted me that I jinxed him.  Yikes! I had no idea my green beer thoughts were so powerful.

Mom and Dad would have celebrated their 58th anniversary on March 9th. Hard not to think of Dad in March. Boy did he love St. Patrick's Day celebrations down at the bar(s) with his buds. Always had a ball and came home in a very jovial mood lol. And then fell asleep on the floor, only to rouse himself later for his fave corned beef dinner. Oh the memories. I had a lot of fun picking out his St. Patty's wardrobe.

Mom had her cataract done yesterday. Went very well. She had the other one done 8 years ago, and said it was much more pleasant this time. Eye drop city man, 3 drops, 4 times a day, and I made it though 4 applications before I yelled at her to stop moving and keep her eye open. LOL  My bark is worse than my bite, I swear.

Joe's birthday coming up on the 26th. I'm going to make some of my soon-to-be-famous cupcakes.

Midge has some eye issues too. Given that I just dropped $120 at the vet for Finnegan (the worst fighter in the world-he always loses), I am trying the eye ointment that she got last year for a few days to see if things improve. If she felt bad I'd take her right away, but she is fat and sassy, just a little eye discharge, so we'll give the cheap (free) option a go for a few days. Mom's eye drops are much easier than Midge's.  It will be good to get a paycheck again lol.

I start work on Monday. I go on for a couple of hours Friday for a meet and greet/open house for the girl I'm replacing, then she'll be with me the next week, then I will be on my own. Maybe I can talk her into hanging around longer though? She is nice and a lot of fun. LOL I started my last new job on July 1, 1983. Wow. Old old old.

I have been pretty lucky lately. I mean there is the job, and I won a container of salt in the Jewel monopoly game. Beats the heck out of the stool softener I won last year.

Good luck to all and and happy spring! Just for fun I'm going to throw in some radish and lettuce seeds this weekend! Can't wait to sit outside (before and after WORK this summer lol) and see some pretty flowers in the garden.

(Old) Kathleen A.







1 comment: