Sunday, July 9, 2017

Happy (Early) Birthday John!

John's birthday coming up on the 13th. 51! Old old. Early birthday lunch at the Brauer House in Lombard . . .

John loves onion rings.  So does Kathleen They were definitely in top 3 onions rings. Not that I really keep a list (but I sort of do!) lol. A nice horseradishy sauce would have pushed these to the top, but the ranch dressing hurt the rating a bit. Being a cheap, domestic sort of girl, at least with beer, I asked the server to grab me a craft beer that would go well with a burger and this is what he brought me. Not my style, but it tasted good with my burger. From the 2nd Amendment Brewery, oh boy. 
John with his Zombie Burger and bar chips.
Kay's Blaster . . . bleu cheese, olive tapenade, bacon, red onions, sun dried tomatoes and garlic aioli . . . man was that good! 
Almost have a cherry tomato ripe. And I have a ton of zucchini blossoms. By this time last year I had already given away a ton of veg. Oh well. Definitely worth the wait. Had some delicious broccoli rabe for dinner today, have to plant more of that, good stuff.

I wish we could have some cool weather again, This heat is for the birdies.

That's all I got.

Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment