Saturday, August 26, 2017

August

How can it be Labor Day next weekend!? Wow.

Let's see if I can remember some stuff that has happened . . .

Reunion was very nice! Wow the weather this year was perfect.

Bumper crop of zucchini, plenty of tomatoes, spaghetti squash coming, green peppers are coming late. I found some peeps in my new building to take my zucchini, and then I sent some over my old building, inter-office mail! LOL Amused me.

Mom is doing well. Cooler weather has kept her indoors more, but there will be plenty more nice days to enjoy. She already has worn her cuddl-duds a couple of nights! Wow.

I scheduled a couple of days off! Looking forward to a day off that is not a Saturday or Sunday. One will be for one of my fave overnight trips, up to Madison for the Farmer's Market, the other for camping weekend, but my attendance there depends on the weather, so we shall see.

Work is good. Plenty to learn. Was super busy with school starting, days just flew by. A few times people were lined up outside the door waiting in line! ARGHHHH It was fine though. The teachers and other school workers are super nice!  Nice to be busy.  I gotta say, I do not have as much free time at this job as I did in the past . . . lol.

Off to Streator today for a fun fundraiser at Streator Unlimited, the annual Quarter Auction. A very fun evening. I'm feeling lucky, I'm sure I'll win something good.

My winning the Queen of Hearts drawing has been put off a couple of weeks due to some sort of whiny lady gambling watchdog throwing a monkey wrench in there, ordinances or some such thing, but it will be fine. I can wait until September to be rich, no problemo.

The hummingirds love the zinnias. Their feeder is right above the zinnias. Good thing Midge is 8 now, and rather portly, because she has not caught one yet. 


Fixings for my baked beans for the reunion. The beans were great, but everybody and her cousins brought baked beans this year! LOL  We enjoyed the leftovers. Try this recipe, Three Bean and Frank Bake, a recipe from Hebrew National, my favorite weenie,  try it this winter with a pan of  hot cornbread. You will not regret it. The recipe doesn't call for bacon, so you better just add a good amount on your own. That is my advice. 

Our weird visitor, Whitey (his real name is Gus!) has started to call again, after a long absence. The other morning he showed up just filthy, dirt was falling out of his white coat, and he had a big smear of blood on his face. After a moment of alarm, we realized all was well . . . the blood wasn't his! Ewwwwwww. 

Love these.

Glorious. Bernie loved zinnias. 

View from patio where Mom, Midge and I have our coffee clutch in the mornings. 
John had us over for our annual fish/zucchini/fried green tomaato fry. Homemade bread too. Spectacular.

John gifted us a new rocking chair, and I took this pic of mom to send to him. I like this pic of mom, and notice her red and white striped winter slipper socks down there, even though it was high July! lol

That's all I got.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment