Saturday, November 25, 2017

Saturday

Saw mom this morning over at Park Pointe. She is looking better every day, especially her color. Her appetite is picking up; she had eggs, sausage, toast, juice and coffee this a.m., that is a big breakfast for her. Her roommate is a sweetheart, kind and friendly and smiley. Mom was NOT looking forward to physical therapy! LOL She is definitely sleeping better at rehab than she could at the hospital.

When I visited yesterday a.m. she was on her way to physical therapy. Boy did they put her through her paces! I can't help but remember when Dad was there, I visited him in physical therapy and oh boy, the therapists would make a big deal out of him and fuss over him and he loved the attention. When I got there Bernie said that he had to do good because his sister, Norene, was watching her big brother! That Bernie! LOL

The therapists were concered about the weakness on Mom's right side, and were asking me if she had had a stroke. I told them about her broken right elbow, and now she will be getting some extra therapy to strengthen that side up! Oh boy.

Thanks for the cards, it is fun for mom to open them.  I'd have to say her rehab is coming along, but slowly. I think her appetite picking up is leading to increased strength, but it is going to take some time. All of her responses are appropriate, she enjoys our vists, asks if she has clothes for the next day, so she is taking an interest and keeping up on stuff pretty well.

Kathleen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment