Thursday, April 26, 2018

No More Sling!

Mom had an appointment with the cardiologist today. He's tweaking some meds, she is still having periods of elevated heart rate, and he wants to see her back in two weeks. She gets to take off her sling and use her left arm again! That means physical therapy can commence in earnest! She hasn't been able to use her walker at all due to restrictions on use of her left arm. Hopefully we will be able to get her home from Park Pointe soon. After the appointment today we were sitting outside in the sunshine, waiting for the hospital van to come and take her back to Park Pointe (it was too cold for her inside, the ac was on), and I think the fresh air did her good. It was delightfully warm in the sun. I also predict she will sleep like a baby tonight after her outing and some fresh air. At least I hope so! She is improving, albeit slowly, every day, and she is no longer cranky! Woo hoo! I think it helps that she has a roommate now, and a full table at meals. I pop over on my lunch break and usually catch them all at the table. A little pleasant company is a good thing. Population was down when she got to Park Pointe, but it must be picking up now, darn it. We just want her home.

Enjoying this spring weather, finally! And looking forward to getting my hands dirty in the garden.

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment