Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Poor (Cranky) Jo Ann

Well, Mom is not in a good mood. Joe described her as "a little out of sorts".  She was moved to rehab over at Park Pointe Friday night. Granted, the poor woman is exhausted and weak, doesn't feel well, and does not want to be at Park Pointe. And to top it off she is having trouble sleeping. I guess I would be "out of sorts" too.  The pacemaker doctor does not want her using her left arm at all (her dominant arm), so she is stuck using that right arm, the one with the broken elbow that did not heal properly. That is frustrating the hell out of her.  She has been doing a little therapy, but they won't be able to do much until she can use her left arm, because she needs a walker.

They never did figure out what made mom so sick. Her vitals have been stable so hopefully she will start to feel better soon. I spoke to her doctors yesterday to see if maybe some medication she is taking is disturbing her sleep.

Pray that Mom starts to feel better soon, and recovers from the Pacemaker from Hell, and if you want to send a card to cheer her up, please send it to house, 721 E Benton Street, Morris, IL 60450 and we will get it to her. I'm not sure how long she'll be at rehab but, realistically, I don't see how she can strengthen her legs until she is able to use the left arm to use the walker, and that is still 10 days out according to her doctor. Thank you to those who have sent cards already, they make her smile.

I didn't have time to scan them today, but we came across an old box of report cards today and I found all the aunts, and Uncle Pat and Uncle Eddie's grade reports from 8th grade. The dates started with Aunt Monica, so I do not have Dad and Uncle Jim, but I'm still hunting through some old stuff. I gotta say, not only are the Mallaneys good looking, they are smart too. But we already knew that!

Take care all.

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment