Saturday, January 6, 2024

Random Things During Convalescence

Random conversations around the Mallaney household:

John: "There is a random thread on Reddit about the 'pooh stick'. I never read it though."

Kay: "Would you like to see the pooh stick?" (Toilet aid delivered from Walmart-still in box. Whew, he doesn't need it).

John: "No."

*******************

Mom: "How is John's arm."

Kay: "His arm is fine. He hurt his leg."

Mom: "Not that John, the OTHER John."

John, later: "I'm glad I don't know Other John because i don't think Mom likes him very much."

*******************

Kay: "OMG remember that recurring nightmare I had about a blizzard and power outage and being trapped with the family in the kitchen keeping warm with the gas oven/stove? It could really happen now, because you are here!" Please don't worry, we are well aware of the dangers of using a gas oven/stove for heat. I'll make sure there are brownies or a turkey or something in there. Thank you for your concern though. I think Bernie was in that dream too, so it is probably very unlikely to happen . . . probably. 

******************

John: "I've never seen anyone so happy to go to work."

*******************

John has been sleeping in my bedroom. I have moved to the front porch. Kay, quickly trimming her annoying bangs before work with a battery powered clipper thing holding a trash can under her head to catch the trimmings: "Last time I did this I shaved off most of my right eyebrow."

John: "That is the strangest thing I have ever seen. I would just use scissors."

Kay: "Scissors!?"

*******************

Kay, peeking in crack in bedroom door in the dark, trying to to see if John is awake/needs anything.

John, quite startled: "ARGHHHH OMG a floating white face in the door!"

*******************

Follow-up appointment for John with surgeon a week from Tuesday.

Beautiful outside, but too bad it had to snow for it to happen.

Kay, signing off from the Mallaney Infirmary




No comments:

Post a Comment