Sunday, March 10, 2024

More from the Infirmary

Nothing earth shattering to report. 

John continues to rehab. He has had a couple of doctor's appointments, stitches out, x-rays. He is having physical therapy at the house a couple of times a week. A slow, painful process. Another doc appt this week at Hinsdale Orthopaedics, and we'll see what is next. His kitties will be glad to get him home, and I'm sure he misses them too.  My kitties will miss him when he goes. They love having another person to alternately entertain and ignore. 

I forgot to post this, but a while back, before The Fall, I came home from work and it looked like the house had been ransacked. In every room something was knocked over, messed up, just general chaos. Everything was off the top of my dresser, lamp knocked over, stuff like that. I asked mom and Joe what happened, but they were seemingly oblivious to what must have been a somewhat noisy event. I think quite a bit of napping goes on during the day lol. Went into mom's room and Gigi got up from her sleep on the top of the cat tree with a piteous meow, and I noticed she was wearing a hula skirt? No, not a hula skirt but a handle from a gift or shopping bag, around her round belly, with some of the bag hanging from it. LOL  Poor kitty. 

Mom is holding pretty steady, but has a pressure sore on her heel. Yikes. Nothing too bad, we are keeping a close eye on it with the help of the nurse and bath aide from hospice. Some changes in her meds have improved her leg pain and her sleep. Or maybe, due to my relocating to the front porch, I just don't notice as much when she is up at night. LOL

John is sleeping in my room, and I'm on the front porch. Sleeping in the unheated front porch is fine. Now that stretch where the wind chill was like -40, that was rough, and I ran the space heater. Only one night did I get up to use the facilities and coudln't get back to sleep because it was too cold, and I retreated to the couch. Mom's old bed is out there, having been displaced by the hospital bed, and it is very comfy. On the worst nights I have a triple layer of blankets, one electric. On regular nights one blanket is fine. One blanket is my preference even in the heat. One of the cats insists on sleeping out there so she does disturb me when she wants to be waited on, but other than that it is quite pleasant and cozy. And quiet lol. And there has been so much mild weather. Crazy weather. 

Having my 7th anniversary at my "new" job this week. Sure has gone fast. 

I like my Hyundai Tucson. It does quite nicely hauling John to his appointments. I somehow got a podcast on there that plays all the time. I can't get rid of it. I feel like Lester Holt is my passenger, speaking in his smooth, calming voice about murders and such. Life is so interesting. 

John and I have been watching miniseries on Netflix, usually about 6 episodes. Crazy number of them available. John is also hooked on Wheel of Fortune now, not by choice. LOL  I'm not sure how John feels about the Mallaney Menu, but we have more veggies in the fridge now, and we have Big Salads a lot. 

Mom and Dad's anniversary on the 9th, they were married in 1959. 

So I'm off on Thursday to take John to his doctor appointment in Western Springs, and we have been having lunch at Portillos and stopping at Trader Joes, so it turns into kind of a fun day off for me. Not so much fun for John when they are trying to increase the bend in his knee . . . ouch!

Have a good week all!




No comments:

Post a Comment