Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving

Dad made it back to church today! He had been feeling pretty crappy last couple of weeks. He was feeling weak, using the walker, but he was fine today walking into church, just needed an arm. You know Dad is feeling bad when he misses church. He got an envelope in the mail with homemade cards from some of the CCD students over at the church. He sure got a kick out of those. He can't figure out why he got cards though. He certainly does like that the kids are praying for him though. He has read through them several times. I suggested to him that he could drop a note to the kids to tell him how much enjoyed the cards. He suggested to me that I could do it. I asked him what he would say if he did write a card, and he said, "Thanks for the movies!" LOLOL At any rate, Mom is going to cancel the appointment for some tests the doctor ordered, and we think maybe he just had a plain old bug. Now he can go back to worrying about important stuff, like pooping. Good lord, I can't wait to get old! LOL

Had a good Thanksgiving. We are sad about Dad but he is in good spirits, so that helps a lot. Even when he didn't feel good he had a ready smile.  He does well during the day, but he gets nervous at night because he is "new in Morris", it is always his first night in Morris. He is unsure about where he sleeps, who sleeps with him, what does he wear to bed, does he have TV in there, what side of the bed does he sleep on. He is staying in bed all night though (yahoo!), so Mom is well rested. Whew! Now she is worried he isn't eating enough. I tried to urge him to eat a bit more the other day, I told him "YOU ARE A MALLANEY! EAT LIKE ONE!" He just laughed. Mom has been making him these incredibly tiny plates and asking him what he wants, what is he hungry for. I told her to slap some food on a plate and take it to him, like she has been doing for the last 50 some years. LOL  It works sometimes. He claims he doesn't want anything to eat, that he isn't hungry, but either he doesn't mean it, or he forgets, because at least half the time after he says that and you take him food, he eats it! His 93rd birthday is coming up on December the 12th.

Finished physical therapy for my knee. It is feeling much stronger. I think the anti-inflammatories the doc prescribed help a lot too. Still have a few more sessions on my heel. Turns out I was favoring my Achilles so much, I messed up my other knee. Getting the kinks worked out now. Things are feeling better. And I'm doing some exercise. When you have a sore left knee, and a wicked sore right Achilles, physical activity is no fun. Feeling better now. Between the rotator cuff PT, surgeries, rotator cuff PT (round 2), knee PT, Achilles PT, being 50 is lots of fun. I'm going to hell in some sort of basket I think! This 50,000 mile check-up stuff is getting embarassing. I think it is time to declare war on 50!

When you watch a cooking show on TV, and see a recipe for which you have all the ingredients, whip it up!
Presenting Lentil cookies, from the Spice Goddess. These are really tasty, with lentils, oats, pumpkin seeds, almonds, and chocolate chips. Really. They are delicious!

Peace out peeps.

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment