Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Early Garden

I had some radishes in macaroni salad. Very tasty stuff.

Just planted my tomatoes and peppers last night. Oh my aching, out-of-shape, fat ass!

Taters are doing well. Finn and Midge are helping me with fertilizing. It's all organic. That's what I keep telling myself.

What a big head you have my dear!

What is with 90 degree weather already? I tossed and turned all last night! ARGHHHHH Feels a little better tonight.

Took the fam to John's house for Mother's Day Brunch again. A pleasant time was had by all. Hera and Isis were flabbergasted by all the company, and scampered about and showed off and were generally delightful. On the way home I heard Dad sort of whisper to Mom, "John is a very good host. If I had a $5 bill I would have given it to him." lolol What a hoot.

John keeps his house quite cool in winter, so when heat kicked on the kitties would rush to the vent. Last night he turned the air on and when kitties heard it, off they went to the vent. It would seem they had comical expressions and wondered at the cold air. LOL  I wish I could have seen.

My knee is starting to feel better finally, after that awful shot. I took a short walk today on my smoke break. It's time. I'm woefully out of shape. It was about a  year ago that my foot started acting up and knocked me off my walking routine. Yikes!

Dad has been a little tired and weak this week. Not bad, but I'm not sure what is up with that. On our ride last night we were right on main drag in town, and he asked me when we were going to be back in Morris. I get tired of our usual rides to the cemetery and down to the river, so sometimes I just take off. The other night I ended up on a road where Donna and I used to go road drinking, out by Stavanger. Dad liked it, but he seems to get nervous again when we are gone too long, like he did last year, and he wants to get home to mother. Tonight on our ride he asked me how "our" mother was doing, so I am definitely still his sister, Noreen. That's fine. He knows we are family and that is good.

Not much news. Boring boring.

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment