Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day

Klimt's "Farm Garden with Sunflowers" in Springbok jigsaw puzzle form, .49 at thrift store. Gorgeous!

Midge the contortionist. Life is good when you can relax like that.
Hooray, Labor Day, no work for Kay. Seven words. It's a glorious day to be off work. Heat wave is over.

Grabbed a copy of "More Six Word Memoirs" at a bag sale this weekend. By writers famous and obscure.Very interesting.

"Disarm them by seeming kinda nice." Naomi Klein
"Beer, pizza. Who needs six words?" Ron Heller
"Got bangs. They're cheaper than botox." Wendy West Hickey

Dad can't believe it is September already. When I told him he looked at his watch and said "I'll be damned!". He got a clean bill of health at the VA clinic this week. Needs a little iron is all. When we left the front desk clerk wanted to set up an appointment for 6 months. Dad kind of laughed and said "if I'm still around!" Then he told mom to set it up! LOL

Dad and I took a longish ride last night, and when we got back found out there was a tornado warning. I had no notion, not a rumble or dark sky or anything. Thoughts of being out in the country, talking with Bernie about how big the fields are and how nicely things are mowed and being surprised by a tornado, wow, unpleasant! Bernie would not like that. We were home a bit, and shortly thereafter the siren went off. Nothing happened, at least around here.

Well, foot doc wants to boot up my sore heel for 2-4 weeks. I had to wait til that heat wave was over! LOL  It is in 70s today I guess I'll start today. Probably. All this limping has to stop. It's making me sore.

Off to procrastinate on putting that boot on!

Kay :)

























No comments:

Post a Comment