Thursday, December 12, 2013

Happy Birthday Dad!

Happy Birthday Dad!


Dad turned 94 today! He got a letter from a relative who shall remain anonymous (see pic, I don’t want to get Uncle _ _ _in trouble!), with a $20 bill in it. Any family members reading this . . . please don't rat out Uncle _ _ _! Dad was just incredulous. He said, “I can’t remember the last time I had a $20 bill!” He folded it and put it in his pants pocket and kept sort of sliding it out just far enough to make sure it was still there, then tucking it back in and patting his pants pocket and smiling and smiling! It was the cutest damned thing.  Mom said had she known how happy a $20 bill would make him, she would have given him one sooner! LOL




More birthday cards from the family, and Dad keeps saying  “What really puzzles me is how they got this address so fast, when I’ve only been living here two days!!” Mom and I were full of the giggles over that. LOL


I got him a Whitman Sampler for his birthday, he loves his sweets. And he loves to fill those boxes up with “stuff”, like photos, notes, rubber bands, paper clips, all kinds of junk. And I am talking pre-dementia here! Like John says, everybody has to have some way to pass the time . . . :) His name on the Birthday Club on the morning radio show, his favorite “scrimp” for lunch (my dad can’t pronounce shrimp, he says “scrimp”), and his beloved KFC for dinner, and with birthday cake for dessert will make for a very pleasant day for Bernie! 

Dad confided to me  . . . "This will be my last birthday!", and we all laughed, including Dad, because he has been saying that for at least 25 years! LOL  

Bernie, 94 years old.

See, my hearty appetite is genetic! Good cake Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment