Saturday, January 11, 2014

Cute Kitties

Hmm . . . maybe John didn't turn the thermostat up enough? At least the sisters are good at sharing! Love this pic he sent me this a.m. and it feels like ages since I have seen the girls.

Could we get a bigger heat vent please?
This brought back a childhood memory flash of my mom, rocking baby John in her arms, straddling the huge floor register in the kitchen in the old (and cozy!) farmhouse where I grew up. And lest I sound a little toooooo Little House on the Prairie, the only heat upstairs in the bedroom was what came up through another big vent in the kitchen ceiling. When we were very small we all slept in that one room in the winter, and mom used to make our beds using blankets for sheets! I never remember being cold. LOL  It was a big room, at least in my memory, plenty big enough for two double beds,  a crib, an old kitchen table we used as a desk/play table (making blanket houses and tents and such), and lots of toys.

We ended up getting 9 inches of snow last weekend, and now we have rain, lots of water about, sump pump is running (thank goodness!). I got antsy cats, they must be getting old (5 years old soon!), because they have resorted to using the tiny litter box I keep for emergencies! LOL  They never use it, preferring to fertilize the garden for me instead, so it's not really big enough for 2 biggish kitties! I'm not sure how Finn manages at all! Things are melting away now, so (I hope!) things can get back to normal.

Have a nice weekend folks.

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment