Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Goose . . . Goose . . . Duck!?

Dad loves the river. He loves the geese. He likes cats. And small dogs. He does not like big dogs. Apparently a certain Ruby Hollenbeck had a big dog and Dad did not like it! LOL  We hear that story quite often. Anyway, we've been watching the babies grow up all summer, and this white duck has been hanging with the geese the whole time! We can all get along!

We had a rain tonight finally! Hopefully some tomatoes will start turning soon. Dad and I had a great ride, air fresh from the rain, nice temp, 70 degrees. We saw 2 deer, the goose goose duck, and a peacock. Very pleasant.  We also saw corn and beans out the wazoo! Dad told me he wanted to see those fields again, long about October, if he was still alive! LOL  I always say, "Ok, if you are dead we'll skip it!" LOL   He always laughs . . . well, mostly. :)

John's this weekend, a vegan weekend! Time to get serious (or at least acknowledge) my wager at healthywage.com. Woo hoo! Reunion next weekend. No veganism there . . . bring on the fried chicken!

My friend's folks are dropping like flies! I have a ton of friends who would love to take their their dad or mom for another ride. Thanks Mrs. B, for being my bud and for making me reflect on things, thereby giving me a gentle attitude adjustment! I will work hard . . .

Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment