Sunday, February 8, 2015

Missing Pieces and Dollar Bills

Dad loved puzzles. I wanted to put this pic on the photo board at the funeral, but I couldn't find it. I remembered tonight that I had put on a calendar I gave Dad for a gift a few years back. This pic is a favorite of mine. Look how wee Finnegan is in the puzzle box! LOL  If a puzzle was missing a piece Dad would look and look and look for it, and make comments about the missing piece maybe being in another puzzle box, or he could make a replacement piece, or it might turn up  . . . better leave the puzzle up for a while, don't hurry to take it down. He was ever optimistic! See how he is leaning on the puzzle? In warmer weather the pieces would stick to his arms and he'd carry them everywhere! Not just around the house either, I even found one in the driveway one time. Dad found them in his bed, up his sleeves, in his pockets, in his car! LOL  And often in or around his chair in the living room.


Well, yesterday Mom made a lasagna and John came home for dinner. I was sitting in Dad's recliner, and it has seen better days (the chair is a hand-me-down from John! lol), and the footrest was askew, so I tilted the recliner on its back to see if I could finagle the footrest back in. John was watching and he said, laughing (and rather bepuzzled), "Look! Money and a puzzle piece!"

Dad never carried a wallet. He'd always reach into his pocket and pull out a wad of bills folded just like this.
I took this photo on my new used vintage TV tray from an estate sale. Bernie would have loved it too, he would have thought it quite pretty, as do I. We love all things flowered.

Looking forward to a short week. Thursday is a court holiday, as is next Monday, so I went ahead and took Friday off and will have a nice long weekend.

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment