Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving


Here's what's happening around the homestead . . .

I paid $20 bucks at the Y and got this t-shirt. If I maintain my weight within 2 pounds until the final weigh-in on December 28th (I better have lost some by then!!) my $20 goes toward my next years membership. If I don't maintain, my $20 goes to charity.  I should say WHEN I maintain my weight (and lose some!), my $20 will go toward my next membership.

I think there is a scary Y-Man that could pop out and make me feel guilty if I go to the bakery. Or maybe "he" is Santa. Not sure
More kindness from friends. I'd like to thank Sue, Bonnie and Connie for the outing. Thanks to Sue for organizing, and for the company, and to Bonnie for the shrooms and to Connie for treating me to dinner and drinks. It was fun.

Also a shout out to Sue for helping me get my feet out of the rowing machine at the Y. That's all I have to say about that. What happens at the Y stays at the Y! I hope . . . I certainly don't want some of my shenanigans following me home . . .

I cleaned some more drawers and floors, and knocked down some cobwebs. I hauled a window with a broken seal to the glass shop and ordered a new one. Why didn't I do that when the weather was nicer lol?

I had a fun outing with John's work friends to a trivia event in Streator. The beer was great! Our team suffered from the absence of one team member (Diana!), but a good time was had by all.

I got my first unemployment check. I certified myself on Tuesday. I'm certifiable I guess.

I made Finn a kitty condo. and he moved right in. I think he went out in the rain multiple times last night because he loves getting toweled off.

 
I job hunted.
 
I cooked some good stuff.

Food is hard to photograph. That is pork with a mustard cream sauce . . . made with leftover half and half from the mashed taters (Pioneer Woman recipe). Those reheated wonderfully today for Thanksgiving dinner. The sweet potatoes are glazed with bourbon and dark brown sugar. Wow. Delicious. I know, two starches. That's just the way I roll sometimes. Not pictured is a hot buttered roll . . .

One day after John went to work and I turned his thermostat up to 59! Maybe even 60.  His kitties meowed in thanks and each ran to a heat vent lol. Hera is doing great. Anorexia is a distant memory, thank goodness.
Isis

Hera

I have to pick a healthcare plan from the marketplace by December 14th. I find the decision strangely hard. I'm going to pick one by Monday. And not with a dart or anything. 

First Thanksgiving without Dad. We had a nice dinner, turkey with all the trimmings, carrot cake for dessert. I burned the garden carrots I so carefully peeled and sliced. Tsk tsk. 

Prayers for Uncle Jim in the hospital and Cousin Peggy and for my whole family after a sad, bad year. Not that it was all bad, but a lot of bad things happened, that's for sure.

Peace. 

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment