Monday, May 2, 2016

May Days

Time sure flies when you are on unemployment! Is it really May already? On one hand, the practical unemployed, dang! On the other hand, the one that doesn't give a chit . . .  May, woo hoo! Let's have fun outside!
Anyway . . .

Mom and I took a drive to Seneca to the cemetery today. It was a glorious day, a perfect day for a ride. The cemetery looks a little rough, but I'm sure they'll get it slicked up. I remembered everything, except a rake would have come in very handy.


Dad always made sure to decorate for Mother's Day.  Weird, I didn't realize until today how young Grandma Mallaney was when she passed away only 60 years old. Five years before I was born. We did mom's side of the family out at Evergreen last week.
I'm enjoying this Spring sunshine. I opened John's front door for his cats to enjoy the morning sunshine and now they think I'm a rock star! I wonder if there are any openings anywhere for a rock star . . . hmmmm.

Had another Mallaney Cousin's lunch yesterday. Smaller crowd this time, but still terrific. Lots of laughs and stories and good company, beer and wine, a lovely afternoon.

I think John  needs to invest in a sturdier cat tree  . . .

John put that cat tree together himself!

I planted some onions and radishes. Everything is looking good except for one little thing . . .

Midge keeps digging up my veggies prematurely!  It's a wonder any of the onions took, they've been replanted so many times. And my beautiful rows of radishes. Sigh.

I've been feeling so creative lately . . . see if you can get the tune right ---

Dewdrops on lilacs,
whiskers on kittens,
wee downy goslings and
rummage sale listings,
old Springbok puzzles tied up with string,
these are a few of my favorite things . . .




Thank you thank you. Please stop. I will take my leave now.

Kay :)



No comments:

Post a Comment