Monday, November 28, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a good Thanksgiving, delicious food, nice visit from John, carrot cake. Great leftovers. Just like usual.

Bed hog, and he came in wet to top it off! Good old Finnegan. It's really hard to make beds around here. You have to seize the moment.  
Started this post a few days back . . .

Isn't it funny how the one chocolate chip cookie you bake with a magnet in it (from your magnetic measuring spoons lol) ends up in one of the cookies you give away! Sorry John LOL Glad you didn't swallow it. I took those cookies to John when he had us over to lunch for Mom's 79th birthday. An excellent time had by all, and an excellent meal from a Streator restaurant, McGrath's Seafood, with fried chicken for Joe (what else?!), cod for John and Kay, and fried shrimp for the birthday mom. Joe gave me a bite of his fried chicken and I had a little lunch envy, it was delish. The cod was excellent too, but that chicken. I am a Mallaney after all. Well, I do choose fish over chicken usually. There are aberrations in life. Hera's weight reduction plan (lower carb) is definitely working, she is one hot cat.

And the election. What can I say? Words fail me. I picked up some hours processing mail-in ballots, that's about all I can think to say. What a shocker. I hope being prez doesn't cut into Trump's Miss America duties. God help us all.

Back to the present day . . .

I did some more temp work last week  for the same lawyer as before, and also did some more election work processing ballots that came in after the election. One of the local races that was separated by just 4 votes on election day ended in a tie. Just goes to show one vote does count . . .

Seems the weather has turned. Dark at 5:00. Yucko. It was kind of fun making the Thanksgiving carrot cake with carrots from the garden. I miss puttering around out there and I miss my fresh herbs too.

I'm off to donate platelets this afternoon.

That's all I got.

Have a good Cyber Monday.

Kay :)






No comments:

Post a Comment