Saturday, September 18, 2021

Out Date

Well, Mom will be home on Thursday. She doesn't look too peppy to be honest, but there is no place like home. She is definitely ready to come home. It is nice that a new round of home health care will be available, that is sure a big help and a relief too. I actually saw her bad arm today, it is looking a lot better, a lot less swelling, whew. I happened to be there today when the aide brought her lunch and I asked her how Mom had been eating, and she said not very well. She also unwrapped mom's dessert for her (some sort of ice cream bar), and said that she always finishes that lol. Hopefully her appetite will pick up when she gets home. She looks very thin . . . at least for a Morris Mallaney. She is not one to eat a whole lot at once, just eats little bits often throughout the day, so 3 squares a day isn't really her style, she is missing all the in-between stuff she likes.  We will wait on her at home and I will make sure to have her favorites on hand. 

Just like Mom's last trip to rehab, she is just out of quarantine in time to be discharged. Not that visiting through the 4 inch gap in the window isn't fun! I'm so classy, I just grab my cooler, it is the perfect height, I sit down and I'm right at window level. Unfortunately the cooler is empty when I go visit Mom.

Joe went to doc this week and had to go on cholesterol medicine. Interestingly enough, when he went to pick up his Rx he also picked up a pack of breakfast sausage too. I asked if the doctor had talked to him about any dietary changes and he said no, but today he came home from the store with oatmeal? LOL  I'll be going for blood work soon, won't be surprised if it happens to me too. Oh boy.

Finn went to the vet yesterday for an abscess, gosh it is nasty looking. $133.50. Yep. 

I'd pull up the garden, but the pollinators and birds are really enjoying it. The hummingbirds are very interesting characters. I could have done without this latest hot spell too. I'm ready for fall.

I'm off the Braidwood Rec Club courtesy of my friends Mar and Geo for beers and a cookout. Have a good weekend all!

Kay 







No comments:

Post a Comment