Sunday, May 27, 2012

Happy Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

Send an Illinois girl down south for a vacation and look what happens! Pulled pork sliders with slaw, corn fritters, green onions from the garden, and Claussen pickles, a new hot and spicy variety, and believe me, they are! The meal was delicious. I'm bummed that I forgot the jalapeno for the fritters.

I'm good at so many things. Too bad dieting isn't one of them. Maybe I should just throw in the fritter! Nah, I can't give up. I supposed to my friend that I guessed nobody was going to cut any more weight off me, I'll have to lose it myself, and lamented they couldn't have taken a bit off my ass when they took out the tumor. 

Nothing much new to report.  I decided the bushes looked fine and had been trimmed just enough . . . right after I cut through the extension cord, a fine Mallaney family tradition I guess I'll be carrying on.

My strained Achilles or whatever it is caused me to make yet another doctor's appointment. When it rains it pours. If I disappear suddenly maybe the insurance company put a hit out on me! I remember the good old days when I only went to the doctor once a year and never met my deductible. Those were the days! They are seemingly over. Heading to doc Tuesday a.m. Looking forward to getting this healed up so I can enjoy walking again. I finally get a good habit going and boom, a sore tootsie derails me.

Planted my tomatoes and peppers. Hoping for some rain soon. It has been quite dry since I planted. Everything else is looking pretty good.

Thankful for AC today. Blazing hot out there. Cats are laying around like slugs. I finally went out and hauled Finn in, and since it was not his idea, he was pissy. He felt the cool air and changed his tune and is curled up on the bed now. Something has Miss Midge all jumpy and she won't come in. Oh well. When it hits 97 later she might changer her tune.

Have a good weekend all. Off to Mark and Donna's for a swim this afternoon, perhaps a beer, or two, or three . . .

Kay :)




No comments:

Post a Comment