Saturday, August 11, 2012

Search for "Mallaney" and colostomy . . . how many can there be?

At the reunion today I told my cousins I'd post a few pics on my blog. I told them to do a search for "Mallaney" and "colostomy", how many blogs will come up? LOL  I guess I can check it out myself.

Cousins Sally and Tracy brought this pretty (and delicious!) cake.
Dad with his brother, Uncle Jim, and Aunt Joan. Cousin Peggy in background.



Uncle George and Dad's Cousin Robert Ragan,my Godfather.

Dad with cousins Robert Ragan and Mary Prindiville.
Mom and Dad.
Uncle Jim, Dad, Aunt Jean, Aunt Kay (my Godmother), and Aunt Joan

Aunt Joan and Aunt Jean, Cousin Sherri in background.

Time to head home!
We had fantastic weather today for the Mallaney Family Reunion today, the 50th, over at the Coal City Area Club. A nice turnout though we certainly missed the absentees, especially Aunt Shirley, and lots of busy cousins. Wonderful food, good talk and laughs.

Dad started on Ambien this week. Not sure about that stuff. Dad has had a couple of good nights in a row, where he actually spent time in bed and got some sleep. Mom got caught up on her rest a little. We had him up to the Veteran's Clinic this week, they are changing up some of his meds and he will be seeing a neurologist up at Hines VA Hospital on September 5th.

When we were leaving the VA clinic, and it was a long appointment, Dad was there for a couple of hours, Dad asked the nurse "Do I have to clock out?". I bet that long appointment did seem like work to him. The other night he had ants in his pants and was talking about church. I assured him there was no mass on that day at that time, and told him that Dr. Cumba wanted him to exercise, and he should go do a couple of laps around the yard. He said that he wasn't going to do that, and started this fakey BS about having a sore leg, and I said no malarkey, GET MOVING! He looked at me and said "Gosh Kay, I thought we were buddies!", and off he went. I took him with me to pick up the chicken for the reunion, and he asked me, "Is Mother taking her bathing suit to the reunion?" LOL You gotta laugh. We have been enjoying evening rides and Dad likes to go down to the river to look at the boats. And Mom gets a break from him! He still doesn't like to be too far from her for too long.

I'm getting more used to the new normal. I'm not liking it that much, but I'm getting used to it!

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment