Sunday, August 26, 2012

August 26, 2012

I took Dad for a ride tonight. He had no clue who I was. Having had run away to John's for the weekend, I hadn't seen him for a couple of days, and I thought he was having a pretty good day, and we were talking, and during the course of the conversation I realized that he thinks I am his sister today. I asked him where is daughter, Kay, was, and he said he doesn't know her. His biggest concern today is milking. He doesn't like milking. I told him he was in luck because we sold those damn cows, and he was very relieved. He said he does like cows, but he does not like milking cows. LOL 

The other day he asked if there was roll call in the morning. An Army day.

He was eating a hot dog and he stopped, and told me he wanted it wrapped up. When I asked his intentions, he said he wanted it wrapped up for the church. I told him the Catholics weren't interested in his weenie, only his monetary donations. I wrapped it up all right, in a bun, and polished it off.  He is still worried about me going to hell. Possibly a very valid concern.

We are trying a new prescription tonight to help Dad sleep. The nights are still very rough. I read about it on line. Sundowning it is called. It sucks. I said to John "We are giving the Trazadone a whirl tonight." John said "Great idea! Give some to Dad too!"

In other news, I dropped a c-note at the vet for Mr. Finn. He had an abcess on his ear, and while we were there the vet noticed that his third eyelid is lacerated. Actually it was $105.00. Ouch. He got a very expensive antibiotic and a shot. I can't help but wonder if Midge is responsible, she goes after him all the time!

And I lost a filling or broke a tooth, or some such thing. Ironically, the day after I had my teeth cleaned! It doesn't hurt. That is a good thing.

And another week is over.

Kay :)






No comments:

Post a Comment