Monday, April 1, 2013

Monday Monday

Good Day Folks, 

We had a nice Easter dinner, Mom's lasagna, which is outstanding, with salad and garlic bread. Carrot cake for dessert. It was delicious and a nice change from the usual turkey or ham with all the trimmings. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

I made Old Reliable French Bread from a recipe I found on line for my Kitchen-Aid mixer. It made 2 huge loaves and was super easy.

Pretty! And it smelled soooo good while it was baking. It made wonderful garlic bread for Easter dinner.

I had to sample a slice to make sure it was OK. It was. Very OK. Quality control you know. I should NEVER be in charge of quality control when there is bread and butter around.



Because no one else in the family is sick, and because John and I ate mostly the same foods this weekend, I'm pretty sure I have a bug and not some sort food borne illness. I was nearly asleep last night when my churning tummy wanted a TUMS. I got up to get it and yikes, too late for TUMS, I was sick. Later in the night my body was up to some more antics (censored!), and blimey I'm dizzy and have a headache, so I am home sick today. I don't feel any better, any worse. I'm just middlin'. My friend Mar called:



Mar: "Are you really sick?"

Kay: "Well it's 4:30 and I haven't had anything to eat or drink yet today, and I took two naps."

Mar: "Wow! You really are sick!" lol

I'm not a napper, and missing a meal is out of the question! And I should also interject that I am shocked Mar asked me that question, as I would NEVER NEVER take a sick day if I wasn't sick! Fingers crossed. After our conversation I had a cup of coffee, a scrambled egg and a slice of my home-made french bread, toasted. Well, OK. I had 2 slices. They are small! We will see if that was a good move or not. At the very least I feel more energized. Which is not hard compared to my energy levels earlier in the day lol. I should also add that I watched a few 70's British movies on my Roku today, of the suspense type, and I may have picked up some of the Brit lingo. Maybe.

Dad Stories:

Dad, upon seeing all the election signs around town on our ride (to the cemetery and the river, dad's favorite places now AND pre-dementia lol):

Dad: "I want to vote for Dick. He's a good mayor, I like him."

Kay: "Definitely. The race for mayor is contested this year, so I think you should get out and vote."

Dad, with a dubious look: "Well I don't think they'll let me vote here."

Kay: "Why not?"

Dad: "Well, I don't even live in this town!"

Uncle Jim called Dad, and Dad was dumbfounded. How did Jim get his phone number when Dad had just moved into his new house in Morris that very day!?

Dad: "Comiskey Park sure looks different!"

Dad is doing well. His major complaint is his tinnitus, which drives him batty. And because it drives Dad batty, it also drives Mom batty! LOL

John took 3rd place in his Biggest Loser competition at work and only needs to lose a few more pounds (and of course maintain his loss until July) to win the Get Paid to Lose Weight Challenge. He lost over 25#! Kudos to him! My procrastination might bite me in the arse on this one. Three months already gone on that challenge. How time flies!


I'm not sure if the food was a good idea or not. I'm dubious. And my energy boost from the food seems to be over. I feel a trifle dizzy and need to lie down.

Wish me luck!

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment