Saturday, June 22, 2013

Wee Visitors and Wee Garden Stuff

Had company this a.m. A mama possum and a bunch of babies hanging on fence. The cat fence that cannot contain Finnegan can contain a possum. I have gate open and am hoping she'll get out soon. Maybe one of her babies squeezed through fence and she came in after it and brought the whole family? Who knows. Midge and Finn are pissy about being locked in the house. Which is actually pretty silly because it is rainy and they'd be snoozing away in the house anyways. I should have known something was up anyway, the way Midge was acting. She was doing her "Come with me, Timmy fell in the well!" thing this a.m. If I got her an agent, I'm sure she'd have a good career in pictures. She gets a little shook up when something intrudes on her little back yard world.

Garden is going to town. I have some wee veggies coming along and had some nice cole slaw with garden cabbage.

A wee tomato . . .

a wee pepper . . .

a good size cat who likes to dig up zinnias next to a zucchini plant . . .

and John's perennials he put in for me last year. See the wee head of cabbage back there in corner?


Took Bernie to the courthouse concert on the lawn Thursday night. He enjoyed it, though he likes marching band music better than jazz band music. Next time it will be 50's and 60's music. That should be fun. 

Dad story from mom:

Dad was sitting in recliner, in "thinking" mode. He said to mom: "I need to ask you a question. What happened to all my women friends?"

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment