Monday, July 1, 2013

July

I can't believe it is July already!

Nothing too exciting going on. Same old same old.

We had a good storm last Monday night. I thought I'd take Dad for his ride early so we'd be home before the storm. Oops, that sucker came in fast. I was hustling home, branches and debris and all kinds of stuff (no cows) were blowing across road. It was scary. It was so windy I was afraid to go on the overpass. Dad said, "Gosh I hope I didn't bring this on! This is some welcome my first night in Morris!" lolol.

Storm blew over some of my tomato cages. Plants seem to be OK. In fact, it looks like a jungle out there . . .

LOL It's kind of funny, that sunflower there in the middle of the veggie bed. I did not plant one there. I must have dropped that seed! None of the razzle dazzle ones from the seeds I bought on Ebay have come. And the holly hocks I dug up a couple of years ago have reappeared! It's OK though, they are not all buggy like they were a couple of years ago.

Peppers, yum!

Future zucchini, yum!

Future taters! Yum! LOL Midgie was digging furiously in the tater bed, and I really was curious if there were any taters in there. One year I had glorious tater tops and no veggies. Well I snuck my hand in the big hole Midgie had dug, I didn't disturb the hill, and I can confirm that there are taters down there. And I can confirm that they are 100% organic . . .

Can't wait for a garden tomato!


My paralegal position came through. I'm very happy about that. Same office, same boss, etc., just more and more varied things to do.

I have to lose weight in order for my knee to feel better. I got a cortisone shot and some Celebrex. It is feeling better. Did you know if you lose 10 pounds of body weight, it takes 50 pounds of pressure off your knee. I think I need to tattoo that somewhere.



Happy 4th of July! I'm off Friday woo hoo!

Kay :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment