Friday, November 29, 2013

One Year Ago

One year ago today John brought home Hera and Isis from the Just Animals Shelter in Mazon. Sweet girls, love them to death. Hera is still the big sister! They are happy, healthy, amusing kitties!

We had a good Thanksgiving yesterday, too much good food. Dad was in a great mood, told a lot of stories. Well that is not true . . . he told a couple of stories, about a dozen times! LOL He was doing his "I don't know much about TV . . . when you are a hired man you don't get to watch much TV during the day . . . " thing, which amuses me to no end.

I headed over to John's today, with Thanksgiving leftovers. Nothing like some leftover turkey, gravy, mom's scalloped corn, dressing, smashed sweet taters, mashed taters, all heated up with a warm, buttered potato roll from the Morris Bakery! Alas, there were repercussions . . .



Darn tryptophan!

For dessert I modified my friend Donna's pistachio dessert by using peppermint ice cream! It was yummy. And pretty in pink.

After my balmy Sunday post we ended up in the basement after the tornado siren went off. I heard the siren, pulled back the sheer to look out the window and saw a 2 x 4 flying through the sky! Way up high too. Basement time, pronto. For me at least. Streator got some debris from the Washington tornado. John doesn't have cable or satellite, so I didn't know how bad it was until I got home and saw some network TV. I saw random bits of debris in the way home, big pieces of metal, big, wet globs of insulation.  The folks ended up in the basement too. Once the tornado got past us it was heading towards home! Yikes. Passed between two of my best friends, and did some damage in Diamond, a lot of damage and people lost their homes.

That's all for now. 

Have a good weekend.

Kay



No comments:

Post a Comment