Monday, May 26, 2014

Decoration Day

I lost my burning bush, the red bud is in jeopardy, but my wee lilac bush is glorious!

Finn has started a new stretching regime.

Upward Facing Cat.
Dad has been going around the block. Pretty good for a 94 year old! I found one of those walkers at the thrift store that has a seat, and he sits down at every corner, but just for a brief time, less than a minute. It's so handy to have a seat in case he gets tired. He thinks he is going off by himself and is really surprised when one of us comes up behind him! LOL  He just wants to see someone he knows. Of course once he is in Morris longer he'll know more people. He has just been here a day you know!

Soon the concerts will be starting downtown on Thursday nights. We'll have a break from the same old same old ride, by the old farm and down to the river. Not that I don't like a ride, but the same route does get old. When you don't have dementia/Alzheimers, I mean.

We took a ride this week, down through Seneca and to Marseilles to the greenhouse we like, the one by Uncle Eddie and Aunt Dorothy's house. I'll always think of that house that way even though they are gone now.  Fun memories of visiting there through the years. Have all my garden stuff in and hoping the rain forecasted for the next few days materializes. Dad did not want to stop and the Seneca Cemetery, which surprised us all. We'll take another ride and take care of decorations another day.

Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment