Sunday, May 4, 2014

Lazy Sunday

Made some stuffed green pepper soup (thanks Jan, for recipe), using meatballs instead of ground beef, and topped it with grated parm and a dollop of sour cream. It was delish and is now in 'THE ROTATION". That's a homemade roll there too, made with no-knead bread dough. Easy and cheap and delish. I love my rummage sale pink bowl. I wish I could find a whole set of those dishes. Super cheap. Like $1.

Finn is still asleep, waiting for Spring. Thankfully, he has stopped molesting my Crazy 8s Lichen chair.





First weekend in May is "Camping Weekend". Shelbyville didn't work out this year, but Mar decided I was punchworthy and invited me to her club. I spent Friday night out there and got a good taste of campfire, yummy food, and good laughs and company. And wind! lol Then a spectacular camping breakfast. One night is plenty for me, and I didn't have to drive 4 hours (one way!) to get it! Woo hoo!

My onions and taters and some flower seeds are coming up. Perennials look good. Lost my burning bush and new Red Bud, darn it! Haven't planted much else yet. John threw some stuff in, but I can't remember what any of it is. It is coming up though. Catnip is going to town. Finn and and Midge are liking that. I'll dry some for them soon, and for my other feline friends.

We are invited to John's house next weekend for Mother's Day Brunch. Yum. He is already cleaning. I'm going to bring dessert, a lemon cake. Can't wait to try it. If it is blogworthy I'll share. Folks like going over there (though Bernie complains that Streator is "too far") to see the kitties and the garden and of course, John

I need new tires and brakes. Last time that happened is when I bought my secret new car! LOL  Not this time people. I'm actually buying brakes and tires. If I was going to get a new car I would have gotten it last weekend when I had to spend THIRTY DOLLARS! ($30!!!) for new wiper blades. For cry eye.

OK. One LAST time, John and I have made a wager with Healthy Wage. (healthywage.com). We have wagered $600 that we will lost 50 pounds in the next year. Yes, Big bucks. The the payoff is big too! $2000 for me, $1600 for John. Good incentive. We have to weigh in once a week until then, if you forget it is a strike, and 3 strikes and you are OUT! If anybody wants a referral,just holler. Come join us for the big fat fun. You can also do the 10% challenge instead of the wager. It is definitely less expensive, and still with a good return on your money. You pay $150 to them, and if you lose 10% of your body weight within 6 months, you double your money. Nice return.

I went on a road trip with my friend and saw some graffiti in the city. Does anyone know what it means . . . "Smore Dont Tater"? 

Went to get my Vitamin D rechecked and, I'll be damned, it went down instead of up! Grrrr. I thought I started feeling better, more pep for a while, then boom, not so much. So now instead of 2000 units a day, now I'm taking 50,000 a week. Yikes! 

Thats all folks. Have a most pleasant week.

Kathleen



No comments:

Post a Comment