Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Happy Birthday John!

Happy 50th birthday John!  Wow you are getting up there man! There will be carrot birthday cake this weekend!


Good old Metropolis, IL!

By this time last year I was already sort of tired of zucchini (but I was not tired of zucchini bread and zucchini chocolate cake, I just HAD to stop baking) and was pawning them off on friends, co-workers and passing strangers. This is what I got this year  . . .

Yeah. That's a quarter.

The most impressive thing I have growing this year is my Weed. I'm pretending that it is an exotic tropical plant. But yeah, it's a weed. My weed. It is making my showers feel very tropical, and one night a little creepy, growing up against the bathroom window.



Patient updates:

Finnegan: Done with antibiotic but still will not come near me for fear I'll pry his jaws open and try to drop a pill in there. Not sure how many he actually got in him really, since I saw a pill stuck on his back one night while he was running away from me.

Midge: Cowers and cringes every time I am within 10 feet of her lest I try to apply some eye ointment.

Mother: Back to doc today. Temporary cast came off and she is just in a splint. After just 9 days! Times they are a changing people. She is supposed to take the sling off a couple of times a day and gently exercise her arm. Just let me say . . . OUCH. She has a nasty looking bruise on her upper arm where the cast has been rubbing. The swelling has gone down a lot from last week. She is doing very well. Mom says she remembers watching a show on TV, a talk show or something, and a doctor was the guest. Someone in the audience asked the question, "What is the secret to a long life?" The doctor said, "Two words. DON'T FALL!" lol   Back to the doctor next week for an x-ray, and he'll decide about when she should start her physical therapy. Mother will hate that! But you gotta do what you gotta do.

A real senior moment . . . I went to the bank and was stymied when the ATM did not respond as usual when I inserted my card. It seems the bank wants me to insert my BANK card, NOT my AARP membership card. No, don't do that math, I'm not that old, but joining the AARP saved me some good bucks on my car insurance. I'm just old enough . . .

That's all folks.

Kay :)



No comments:

Post a Comment