Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Patient Update

Had mother to the doctor today. He wants to see her again in two weeks. He had mom move her arm about, and asked her if she would be content with that range of motion for the rest of her life. Mother, who had been fearing that he was going to bring up surgery again, emphatically answered yes! LOL  Doctor said therapy would be too painful now, but they'll discuss it again after next visit, most likely therapy will start in 3-4 weeks. She is still using the sling. Doctor said in about a week to ten days take off the sling. I do not see that happening, honestly. She's doing well, just a little nausea, probably from the pain prescription, so we got something else to try today. Not as strong, but fewer side effects.

Her hair was bugging her so we went for a shampoo and a haircut yesterday. Outings 2 days in a row. I predict she will sleep like a baby tonight.

Introducing Whitey. He comes to call nearly every afternoon.  He's a real chatterbox. He doesn't want to be petted or touched. He likes the catnip, and he chases butterflies, and he annoys the hell out of Midge. I don't know where he lives, but he is clearly well taken care of and is a delightful young caller. He is very talkative, but never confrontational, except with Midge or unless you want to pet him. He wants nothing to do with that business.

John was home Saturday for his birthday lunch and to visit mother. A pleasant time was had by all. We had our favorite pizza and I made carrot cake. I don't like to brag, but I make really really good carrot cake. Really good.


Sent John home with a box of goodies from the garden. I suspect those green tomatoes got fried up! I haven't fried any yet myself. Everything is doing very well. I have this monstrous cherry tomato plant that has taken over a whole raised bed. It is everywhere. And it is producing like crazy. I'm doing my best to keep up with it. It is hard.

That's all I got.

Kay :)



No comments:

Post a Comment