Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Where Did February Go?

Crazy weather. I wore shorts and a t-shirt to John's house, but I had to pack my long underwear and other winter gear because the temperature dropped like 35 degrees the next day! And tornado watch today. Yuck.

Did the vegan thing at John's house for a few days. Well, pizza Sunday afternoon wasn't vegan but I am weak! I am really good at picking out vegan recipes, if anyone needs that service. I am like a maimed veg-o-matic. I spiralized one finger, cut the tip off another, and somehow broke my thumbnail halfway down. My witty friend Mar said "It's not vegan if you get a fingertip in it!" Ewwww and haha. I better replenish John's baid-aid supply . . . This time was different because it was no added oil recipes too, ala Dr. Michael Greger. Though a little did sneak in a couple, not nearly as much as usual.

These were my faves. Stir-fry (no recipe for this, John whipped it up-Kay was on mise), Four Bean Salad, and Black Bean & Yam Salad, recipes from Straight-Up Food blog. Not pictured, but totally delish is Spicy Kale Pesto with Zucchini Noodles from The Simple Veganista and Vegan Stuffed Portabellos from Eat Healthy, Eat Happy. Highly recommend all these. I came home and cooked a pork roast though! I am going to lighten things up around here though. And I mean it this time!

Mom is getting her cataract done. March 21st. Oh boy. I remember when I had mine done. Gosh I'm old!

I have to start work in March! No more hanging out at John's house with the kitties, chopping vegetables and fingers and hanging with his girls. There are still the weekends though! lol And holidays . . .

Hera is a tremendous help with a jigsaw puzzle. She is good at pretty much everything, sort of like Kay.  Except for knife skills.

Beautiful old Springbok jigsaw puzzle from a thrift store. From 1968 and still providing entertainment and beauty. I love old jigsaw puzzles.

Okay. I just heard on the news the words "ping pong size hail" so I'm going to check a few batteries. Yikes.

Stay safe people!

Kathleen A.

No comments:

Post a Comment