Saturday, April 24, 2021

Just a Trifle Hangry

Mom got moved to a regular room yesterday. I went to see her last night and she was a trifle hangry. Just for future reference, don't ever offer a female Morris Mallaney canned chicken broth when she is hungry. Especially not on the heels of a colonoscopy cleanse. Ironically Bernie used to drink canned broth (or "bloth" as he called), and munch down a handful of saltines and he really seemed to enjoy it. 

Mom was so pissy she gave me a terrible case of the giggles. Please understand that a pissy Jo Ann is nothing like a pissy Kathleen, so she is still somewhat civil. I asked Mom if she was being mean to the nurses, and she said no . . . but she was being brusque. OMG I busted out laughing again just thinking of that. We had a good visit, she could even hear me. I don't know if I've mentioned it, but recently Jo Ann's hearing has taken a nosedive. It sucks. But she could hear me last night. I suggested that if the nurses were walking away without answering her questions they probably could not hear her, as she has taken to speaking in a very low voice. I got a look on that one. 

I asked her what her various buttons were for, she claimed the nurses hadn't told her anything. I showed her her pain button. She has had very little pain, but I hit it a few times while I was there. Drugs are good. Kay likes drugs. And I got her news on the TV before I left, she had been just sitting there in her bad temper. I sat up her bed a bit so she could see out the window. And when I left I stopped at the desk and had them take her a 7-Up. 

The social worker and the doctor covering for Mom's GP phoned me yesterday afternoon and I told them both that mom needs rehab. She is awfully weak and has lost weight. I broached the subject with her last night, and I think she knows she needs it too. 

Now Joe just got back from visiting and Mom was eating pudding and soup. Hallelujah! I will go see her tonight.

Things seem to be moving along very well.

Thanks for thoughts and prayers. I told Mom you were all concerned and thinking of her.

Kay 






No comments:

Post a Comment