Sunday, May 2, 2021

May Days

Since Mom is in quarantine at Park Pointe it was nice to see her in person one night this week. Unfortunately it was at the ER, one of her staples came loose! LOL The home always calls if something is going on, and I didn't need to go, but I did not want to pass up an in-person visit. We enjoyed our visit. Staple is in a spot that sees a lot of action, right around the curve of her belly button. 

I was under the weather a bit this week, ended up taking Friday off, and it helped. I'm feeling better, shook off my bug. I hadn't been over to the home because I was worn out after work, and Joe wasn't sure where to go, but yesterday we made it over there. Mom's bed is right by the window so we can chat there. I saw a smart lady with a chair down a ways. The window only opens a few inches so it is a little awkward if you don't have strong thighs. Having just fat thighs, they objected a bit. LOL  Now that Joe is comfortable knowing where to go he'll be over more often, I'm sure. He already ran over once today, Mom needed some chapstick. He leaves the stuff at the desk, and then goes behind the building to mom's window. You can park right near the room, which is nice. Mom was sitting up in the recliner today.  That is good therapy for her because I couldn't get her in a chair unless John was home for a visit. I think with the loose staple they will take it easier on therapy until those are out. She seems to be coming along slowly, but that is to be expected, she has been going downhill for months. She was complaining about bland food so I sent her beloved salt shaker and seasoned pepper over, I'm sure that will help. 

I don't like the social isolation, but there is nothing to be done about that, darn Covid! Her voice is stronger on the phone, which is a good sign. 

Have a good week all!

Kay 






No comments:

Post a Comment