Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th Garden




Last year I had the most beautiful, majestic pepper plants. The only problem . . . no peppers! Well this year I have the puniest plants and peppers out the wazoo!  I've never gotten peppers this early before. Very strange . . .



Yes, that is a corn stalk there. On my getaway with my buds we stopped at a garden center and they had a clearance 4-pack of corn. Hopefully it will perk up a little!  I also picked up a clearance cauliflower and a clearance hot pepper. Lacking any garden space, I stuck those in a planter. I must stop!

I also have a mega crop of zucchini coming, this single plant is loaded with 8 zucchini. John thought he had planted a pumpkin or a squash in that spot (not my faves), and the huge plant was shading my tomatoes, so I had  been pruning (mutilating?) the plant pretty freely so it would not invade my tomatoes. I do, however, love zucchini, so when I finally figured out what it was I let it go. It's monstrous!



Besides the radishes and onions, and the harvest for the pesto (which turned out scrumptious), I've had several small head of broccoli too. Pretty good for Black Thumb Kay!

I know tomorrow is weigh-in day, and it is not going to be pretty. If I was an alky instead of a foody, I'd say I had been on a bender. But since I said I would share every Tuesday, win lose or draw, I'll be back tomorrow grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

And the getaway with my friends was lots of fun. Sort of Beer/Food/Laughfest 2011. Here is my friend Mar, I had a little fun with a photo of her that was in the local paper with a big fish she caught in Canada. These wanted posters were popping up here and there. And please note in the second picture, the vegetables. And the beer. And the empty cheese dip container. There was also an Amish Bakery and camping coffee.Sigh. It seemed like a good idea at the time.  Tomorrow on the scale I may think otherwise!

Back tomorrow evening to fill you in on the dreaded weigh-in.


No comments:

Post a Comment