Friday, September 23, 2011

September 23, 2011

Hi Folks!

I'm alive. John and I went to Madison, Wisconsin last weekend, for the Farmer's Market and apples and a little hiking. Seems John booked a hotel that didn't provide free internet (ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH and WTF - that doesn't mean where's the fat this time Maureen!). That is why I didn't post last Friday.

My weight is up 2#. I'm not surprised what with the Wisconsin thing! There was Green Acres, this yummy restaurant that has a block of cheddar the size of Rhode Island on the salad bar. And gosh that ribeye was good!

And the farmers market! Wow! It was spectacular . . . great variety, great prices. Between us we bought honey, shallots, rhubarb breakfast bars, Cortland apples, an apricot bar, Honey Crisp apples, radishes, garlic, a cherry-rhubarb bar, blue cheese, a peanut butter cookie with a chocolate ganache center, 12 year aged cheddar, lots of goodies. Actually I bought most of the sweets, but I think John ate most of them!

We also took a very nice walk at a county park. It had hills and gosh, I was huffing and puffing and John accused me of being out of shape! Ha ha. And boy howdy, I sure am.

I've been going to physical therapy for my shoulder, doc has me doing rotator cuff exercises. I've gone three times, plus there are exercises to do at home, and my shoulder is starting to feel stronger already.

I'm still playing around with dieting and trying to lose weight. I have not been serious at all. I don't know why.

Looking forward to hearing from my Fat Camp chums, hope you are all faring better than I!

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment