Saturday, December 15, 2012

Misc. December Stuff

Dad turned 93 this week. I forgot to take a picture. That's a lie. I couldn't find my camera! On his birthday he had an appointment at the Veteran's Clinic for a check-up with the neurologist or psychologist or something, which entailed another memory test. I had an errand to run, but Mom stayed with him and giggled through the test. Last time he did so horribly that I thought the doc said she probably wouldn't do it again. Had I known he was having another one, I would have stayed! LOL  It was pretty funny last time. You gotta have a sense of humor when you are dealing with dementia folks! Oh well. At any rate, he'll keep getting the medication that he is on, which is helping a lot. He's in a good mood and easy-going. Whew. And this time he knew who Mom was and how old he was! Of course we kind of quizzed him on the way up . . . lol. Cramming I guess. When he was done we got him some White Castles, he loves those stinky things! LOL He really does enjoy the ride too. Even though I drive too fast, and he is always awfully glad to get home.

Cookies at Mar's, just like last year. Except this year I did not have a colostomy or a surgery looming! Woo hoo!

Mar and Geo with beautiful granddaughter, Kristi.


Donna and her handsome swimmers, Jackson and Lucas, with Aunt Mar and Kristi. Jackson will be 16 in 2 days. Seems like just yesterday he was going to softball with us!

Yum. And wow I'm an artist,  at least one day a year, on Sugar Cookie Day!

Mark's (Donna's hubby, Mar's twin, Jackson and Lucas's Dad, and the Grillmaster), thumbprints. Double yum.

I have one more week of therapy on my foot/ankle/heel. What a pain it has been! The body part, not the therapy. I thought once I quit playing softball I wouldn't have that heel pain again. Wrongo! I've shaved my legs more in the last 6 weeks than I have in the last 6 years! I'm tired of that too. Finally my foot/ankle/heel is starting to feel better. Had another cortisone shot this week. I need to start walking. It's been months.

Lots of sadness about. Good people dying and that school shooting is horrendous. I had to turn TV off, but it really doesn't help. What a world. 

That's all folks.

Kay :)


No comments:

Post a Comment