Sunday, January 27, 2013

Exciting Sunday

Tried a new recipe John sent me for Chile Rellenos Casserole.

I totally screwed it up. I forgot to put the eggs in. Rather a crucial error since I had already poured the fluid part of the recipe over the layered cheese, chicken, and roasted peppers. But it turned out OK. I think if I changed out the chicken for hot and spicy sausage, it would be a delicious breakfast casserole. I had extra red pepper so I threw some of that in with the pablanos. And I don't think I charred my peppers enough to make them easy to peel. Live and learn. I ended up rough chopping the peppers instead of just layering them in bottom of dish. Kind of  handy since I ended up dumping said layers in a bowl and stirring it all together anyway. Those roasted peppers had a ton of flavor. And it was a lovely dish to look at. Definitely a keeper.

I did a lot of laundry today and made some Duggar family laundry soap. What an exciting day!

Dad didn't make it to church today, he was a little dizzy. And he heard on the weather that we were going to have freezing rain, and that got him worried. He worries a lot.  He was happy to see the temps are going to be in the 60's on Tuesday (crazy!), but then they mentioned storms, so that got him worried again. But guess what? LOL He forgot, so everything is cool.

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment