Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

Happy New Year people!

Had a nice dinner with the family over at John's today. Dad enjoyed the ride, and everyone enjoyed the cute, peppy kitties. The girls got tuckered out and crashed with Dad in the recliner after dinner.

Mom told me a story. The other day Dad was in the living room, and the TV was NOT on (very unusual lol!), and she asked him if he wanted the TV on. Dad gave her a funny look and said "It wouldn't be right for the hired man to sit and watch TV in the middle of the day!" LOL  The brain is amazing, isn't it, trying to make order out of chaos? Sometimes he thinks my brother, Joe, is the hired hand. I'm pretty much always his sister, Noreen. I find that kind of weird, because I'm named after my Aunt Kay, and Dad never thinks I am her! LOL 
Dad, Hera and Isis.

John and I are doing the 10% challenge here . . . http://www.healthywage.com/. If anybody wants to join it with us, use this number please - #1072716872. We did our videos today. Oh boy. That was fun. NOT. But getting paid to lose weight sounds great! I need to get over being sad and depressed about Dad and stuffing my face. O-V-E-R! And to stop making excuses, like being sad about Dad! LOL Now that my knee and foot are fixed, it is time. I've been so sedentary the last few months. Also, another New Years resolution, besides getting a handle on my weight, I'm going to keep track of my inflow and outflow . . . of MONEY! lol 

Spiral ham, potatoes gratin, roasted broccoli, sweet potato rolls. Carrot cake for dessert. Yum.

Had a party at Mar's on Saturday night for her 20th anniversary of her catering business, Lestina's Catering, then a small New Year's Eve gathering at Mark & Donna's last night. Very pleasant times. Too many yummy treats. Then off to John's house today. Quite the social whirlwind for this homebody. I've had this bitching cough, and no pep, and back to work tomorrow, and I got nothing done the last 4 days I've been off. Grrrrr. Hopefully I'll pick up some steam soon.

I'm glad the holidays are over and I'm glad 2012 is over.


Kay :)


No comments:

Post a Comment