Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Garden Stuff

Bruschetta made with heirloom cherry tomatoes from the farmer's market in Madison. Yum!

Finn got all tired out, from . . .




balancing tomatoes on his head.

I peeled tomatoes, and chopped them up, and chopped a bunch of celery, onion and peppers and made chili sauce in the crock pot. It is a delicious sweet/vinegary condiment. And I had tomatoes out the wazoo! And I cut the hell out of my finger on my first swipe with the knife! Sigh. I think it was the pressure. I was pretending it was a quickfire.

If I disappear and am never heard from again, the morning glories got me! They are trying to get in the house . . .
Call me old, but I really enjoy sitting in my rocking chair on the patio, not rocking (remember Finn's tail!), and watching the hummingbirds and goldfinch and butterflies flock around this garden bed. Midge and Finn like to watch too.
Midge is a lefty. She's got a great arm.    



No comments:

Post a Comment