Saturday, October 19, 2013

Blustery October Saturday

A first for Kay . . . I used my AARP card at Walgreens to get a “Senior Discount” (Sigh). I guess it was worth it to save some dough on TP and Purex. Maybe.

Mom and Joe take Dad to church on Sunday mornings to the 7:00 mass. Mom has not been looking forward to the idea of getting up that early and leaving the house on cold winter mornings (mom hates cold!), and has been thinking about switching to Saturday night mass. She has been somewhat reluctant because dad has his “buddies” at church that he sits with on Sunday a.m. and he is really a creature of habit. Not to mention change isn’t good for dementia sufferers. Well, she tried it out tonight for the 5:00 mass. There was piano music and drums, and Dad liked it. Problem is he thinks it is Sunday now and he is all confused.  He wanted to go to the bakery after church, and he wants his Sunday paper! LOL

Dad and I took a ride to Braidwood today, to Mar’s catering shop. She had some goodies for us (yum). Dad loves taking a ride and seeing the farmers in the fields and he loves Mar too. He got lucky and her hubby and 2 sisters were there too, to fuss over him. Mar’s catering shop is across her driveway from her house. As we were leaving, Dad whispered to me, “Mar’s house is very small!” lol. I was just backing out and was able to show him her very nice house and point out that it was different from the smaller  shop where she works. lol Dad wanted very badly to stop in Coal City and see Uncle Pat, but I told a white lie and said Uncle Pat is away on a trip to visit his son. Dad was in such a good mood I didn’t want to put a damper on it. He was pretty tired out on the way home, so I’m glad we didn’t make any more stops. Except at Donna’s, which was right on the way, to drop off her goodies from Mar, and Dad just freaked over the size of their lawn and how do they mow it so nice! LOL

I’ve been working on ripping out the garden and pulling down morning glories. I’m still getting tomatoes! It was the best tomato year ever. I even made more roasted tomato sauce. Yum.This brisk weather makes me want to have the yard work done! Seems like it has finally turned to Fall weather for good.

I found out I was deficient in vitamin D, so I’ve been taking some big supplements of it and I think I’m feeling better. Definitely was not too peppy. Might help out with my aches and pains too. Still doing therapy on my knee, and things are looking up, I hope!  Though I’ve been driving to Joliet so much I feel like a commuter. lol

John is doing physical therapy too. Turns out he was deficient in vitamin D (he is the one who suggested I get mine checked). Well, he started feeling better, and started walking again. He was out on a nice hike, and tripped over a wire fence that had fallen. He hooked both feet in that fence and went down hard, injuring his wrist and shoulder. Nothing broken, but doc ordered some PT for his shoulder. Mallaneys. What can I say? LOL

I'm all sore from washing windows and babying my sore knee! I need my pjs and a blanket, it is getting late . . .nearly 7:00 p.m. lolol

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment