Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Is it really October already!?

How do folks,

It was the best tomato summer ever! Still raking them in. Have to start tearing the garden soon. Lots of morning glories. I hate to take them down, they still look so nice. But experience tells me not to wait too long! Hummingbirds and goldfinch are becoming scarce. Summer is over, darn it. Feel like I wasted it limping around. Therapy is helping my knee/heel though, so hopefully I'll be able to enjoy some fall walks. The steroids aren't hurting anything either! LOL

Burning bush just up and died. A shame. It was such a pretty bush, I loved it. That damn drought.

Grundy County Corn Festival was this past weekend. Mom got Dad up out of bed to sit on back patio to watch the fireworks. Dad was slightly concerned what the police might say if they saw him wandering about in his boxer briefs and t-shirt! After all, he is not in the country anymore! LOL  It was a great fireworks show, even with an obstructed view. Dad loved it and remarked, "Well! I was never expecting a fireworks show my first night in Morris!" LOL What a hoot.

Took the fam over to Streator Saturday for lunch at John's house. Dad loves to see the tractors in the field, though he keeps saying it is too early. We check the progress on our nightly rides. He also ate a pretty hefty lunch, he still loves fried chicken! We gave him an O'Doul's and he was very happy. He likes to see John's house, though he thinks it is "fancy", and he really likes John's kitties. All kitties in fact. He remarked on the way home that if he saw Aunt Mae out in the yard, he was going to stop. I told him if she was out I'd definitely stop. Not sure when Aunt Mae passed, I think it was in the 80's maybe . . . ? He also mentioned stopping at Gladys's bar for a beer? No idea on that one! lol

On our rides Dad keeps saying "I'll have to give you a $5 for gas next time I get to the bank!" LOL  I'm not even going to tell him how much a tank of gas costs now! After all, he gives me $2 for ice cream and thinks there will be change! LOL

Government shut down might mess up the Columbus Day camping trip down to Lake Shelbyville. We'll have to wait and see.

Kay :)


No comments:

Post a Comment