Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Sometimes the World Does Not Smell Good


Poor Stinky Midgie
Gosh. I guess the skunk Midge met up with the other night was not her buddy. She tolerated the bath pretty well. I think she did not like the way she smelled either lol. Thankfully she did not take a direct hit, nothing in her eyes, whew, but she did not smell good. The recipe I got from my vet and the internet worked very well. Waaaay better than the tomato juice we used on sweet Pudgie Woo many moons ago. That was before the internet even! Wow. And I gotta say, the Dawn/Peroxide/Baking Soda mix did wonders for my fingernails! lol I fingerprint people at work, and I gotta say, it is the first time in my life I've ever had people pay attention to my nails (at least that I know of! lol), as sometimes I have to help them in the process. Sometimes oops they do not look so hot, I gotta admit.  But after Midge's skunk bath, wow, they were fairly glowing.

While I was bemoaning my lack of zucchini in my last post, I think this baby was out there growing and growing. Not sure how I missed it, but I did. I managed to use the whole think up last weekend, between zucchini chocolate chip muffins, a savory zucchini parmesan bread, and one of our favorite summer veggie dishes, new taters boiled and smashed, then browned off, mixed with garlicky sauteed zucchini, and sprinkleld with parmesan and fresh herbs. Wow. Good eats. I was pretty proud of myself using up that zucchini then, later that night while watering, I found his slightly larger cousin! LOL Still working on that one. I have discovered that parmesan-y zucchini is delicious in an omelette. Especially with some sweet red pepper, yum.

I also have harvested some cherry tomatoes and I have a zinnia blooming. I see a couple little squash out there too. Things are late, but coming along.

Reunion is coming on fast! Can hardly believe it is coming up on a year ago when Finn scratched my cornea on the eve of the reunion. I will wear goggles this year . . .

Pretty quiet around here. Quiet is good though!

Still learning stuff at work, learning this teacher licensure stuff seems to be never ending, but am settling in nicely. It is lovely to be surrounded by friendly, good people. Lucky me!

I was laughing the other day, I told mom I am in the same category as her now. She asked what category that might be . . . . ? And I told her the age 55+. Wowzer. How did that happen?

I did not win the Queen of Hearts drawing yet, but am ever hopeful!

Keep cool!

Kathleen




No comments:

Post a Comment