Sunday, April 8, 2018

Sunday 98.6

Well, after a rather discouraging visit to Mother in the hospital last night, she had a 102.8 temperature, chills, heart rate was 145, she was exhausted and just generally miserable, things are looking up today! On my way to the Mallaney Cousin's Luncheon I stopped to see her, but she was busy with 2 physical therapists. She was sitting up on edge of bed, and there was no way she could have done that last night. Her temp was 98.6, and her heart rate was 80! She had eaten a whole bowl of soup for lunch! Wow. What a change. I did not stay long, she was so busy with therapists.

I stopped just now, post luncheon, to pass along all the love and well wishes of the cousins, but she was sleeping, deeply and peacefully, with NO oxygen! She was having no trouble getting air in, by the sound of her gentle snoring . . . lol. And one machine was gone! I sat for a bit but she was zonked, so I just left. Hopefully things are on the upswing!  No let me rephrase that . . . things ARE on the upswing!

Lunch was great, loud and fun and wonderful.

We are just fun, good-looking people. We can't help it, it is what it is.

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment