Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Back Home - Week Two Weigh-In

Down one more pound. Had highs and lows with the points this week, both involving beer! LOL Boy beer makes me hungry! Beer is not points friendly! Get-togethers with my friends (at least the ones I really like!) usually (almost always!) involve food and beer, so I had best come up with a strategy to handle it 

Walked to work yesterday and this a.m. If I stretch the walk out a bit by going to the towpath, it’s about 20 minutes each way. So between walking to work and back home, and a walk on my Relaxation/Smoke Break, I’ll get about an hour in each day.  As an added bonus I pack up and bring my food for the day, have no car and bring no money, so no chance of skipping out on my healthy lunch for a less healthy alternative.

I’m going to continue walking to work, and I want to start some weights this week at home. My shoulder was doing a bit better, but then I tweaked it again toting the rummage sale stuff, so I need to  watch it again.  Found the sheet of exercises from the trainer with rotator cuff exercises so I’ve started those up again.
Set a mini goal of 8 pounds to lose by camping, in a little over a month.  For my big goal, I’m at 17 pounds, 83 more to go by June 11, 2012,  when I hit the big 5-0. Yikes! LOL

Planning is key for me. If I don’t decide what I want to eat, say for lunches, and go buy it and have it in fridge for Monday a.m., I’m setting myself up for disaster. And days off are not good. I'm already dreading Easter weekend. And dreaming of carrot cake! ARGHHHHHHHHH

And still no diet soda. The Can Man is going to be disappointed, I was a good supplier! LOL

Kay

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 1 pound is great, honestly. I'm at a stand still with weight loss...probably because I'm not working out 4-5 hours a day, ya think? The walking is great I really believe that all these little bits that we can get into our shedules helps. I actually walked up 4 flights of stairs yesterday, of course Life Flight had to come get me, but hey, I'm alive today :) No diet soda for me either, not yet...but I am thinking this weekend I will. My friends and I are meeting up (girls from Alabama and TN) at Miss Mary Bo Bo's boarding house restaurant near the Jack Daniels distillery on Saturday. All they have to eat are fried chicken, ham, macaroni and cheese, fried okra, biscuits, mashed potatoes and "drunk" apples...where's the vegetables? oh well, I'm going for the company, not the food! I hope we go to Jack Daniels too, that's my favorite. My friends used to laugh at me drinking Jack and diet Coke!!!!! hahaha, but it's my favorite. Hope to see less of you next spring, I'm counting on it, living for it, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete