Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuesday, April 26, 2011


Wow I forgot to weigh in today! I blame my ambulatory phlebectomy! Or, more specifically, my required post- procedure compression stockings. Getting those things on is like a weird wrestling match with yourself that you cannot win! It took me forever to get those suckers on this a.m.  

Perhaps also in the back of my head is the fact that I had another poor week with little physical activity (besides the wrestling!).  I need to be more resilient! Instead of eating more because I am nervous about something, I need to talk myself down. I need to think hey- you are not burning any calories laying around recuperating, so watch the food intake Kay. I’m so weird. And why can’t I be pro-active instead of reactive? Anyway I’m back to work today (thank goodness for my diet’s sake), and my stitches will come out on Friday (woo hoo), and I’ll be able to say goodbye to my compression stockings. Honestly it will be a miracle if they make it through today. The best part of the whole deal is that my grody vein is gone! Woo hoo. Hmmm how much did that vein weigh? haha

I’m working on the pro-active, not reactive thing this week. Instead of mindlessly eating, then feeling badly about  “ruining” my diet day, how about I think before I eat, and make better choices. I’m pushing 50, and that 100 pounds is not going to just fall off people!  Planning and strategy, that is what I need.

Oh, and I have to confess, I had a soda. At docs, after the procedure, I had been there like 4 hours, and I had to wait a bit before I could leave and the girls offered me a  refreshment. Of course I took the Sprite (did your mom give you 7-Up or Sprite when you were sick as a kid too lol?), Anyway it tasted great and rejuvenated me for my ride home, along with some of those cheesy peanut butter crackers. The power of the junk food! It did not awaken any additional cravings for me for my formerly beloved diet cherry Pepsi and the Return to Fat Camp Fund continues to thrive!

Kay



No comments:

Post a Comment