Friday, December 30, 2011

December 30, 2011

Hi Folks,

Well, the wheels are in motion for January 24th. I have a pre-surgery appointment with my GP to get medically certified for surgery on January 17th. On January 18th I have to be at the hospital for blood work, my pre-anesthesia appointment, urinalysis, and an EKG(?). I guess they didn't care about my heart when they removed the tumor. I picked up my prescriptions at the drug store, a couple antibiotics and a Movi-prep. For the uninformed, that is the same stuff they gave me to prep for my colonoscopy last year. That thought freaks me out, so I left that bag of stuff from the drug store at work and hid it. That will make it all better. I hope the 24th comes quick. It's weird, looking forward to something that you are dreading. Does that make sense? LOL  I'll be glad when it's over.

I got on the scale this week, feeling brave. My appetite certainly has picked up. And the Christmas cookies brisket and colcanon and potato rolls (that is what I made for Christmas dinner, and damn I'm a good cook!) and peppermint bark and stuff. Lots of peppermint bark. Still down 51 pounds from pre-surgery weight when I met with the anesthesiologist the day before surgery, and down 70 pounds from my all-time high Fat Camp weigh-in. The upcoming surgery is making me nervous and I'm starting to eat  more when I'm not hungry. Grrrrrr. Too bad the surgery couldn't fix my head. I've been doing very well with the walking, doing an hour a day. Certainly not hauling ass, but hauling my own ass is enough right now.

I had to laugh the other day. My desk at work is right in the window, and one of the girls commented that I'd best not pick my nose, because everybody can see me. Now anybody looking up there has a good shot at seeing me groping my colostomy bag or looking down my pants. LOL  All the rules for putting your hands down your pants change when you get a colostomy folks.

My bag is having it's first overnight trip away from home. I'm visiting John tonight. My brother if anybody doesn't know that. He's making me pizza and salad.Yum. He even turned the heat up for me. Up to 63. LOL  It will go down to 57 tonight. Can a woman have a night sweat when the temp around her is 57? I'll let you know!

Happy New Year Folks. Take good care if anybody is partying. I'm still on a movie kick, so I'll probably be watching some Hitchcock when the New Year rolls in. I don't know who I am kidding with that. I can't stay awake past 9:00 lol, I've been exhausted lately.

Tonight it is War of the Worlds and Capricorn One. Good stuff! And yes, I know. There are new movies, like from the 80's and stuff.

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment