Sunday, December 4, 2011

December 4, 2011

Hi Folks,

Just when you think you have a handle on the bag thing, and that waiting til mid-late January for your colostomy reversal won't be so bad after all, your stoma has to go and heal up and get smaller and retract and  mess up your system. And you have just had your last visit with your home health care nurse. At least the last one the insurance company will pay 90% of. LOL  It's a work in progress. I'm kind of anxious to see the doctor on Friday and talk about the reversal. And I don't know how I did it, but I got to Wal-mart tonight, and had to take off my glasses to read something (aging is so much fun!), and met with resistance when I went to put them back on.  Somehow I had Stomapaste in my hair behind my ear! Believe me folks, it is not going to do me any good there. Yeah, go ahead, look that up and see what it is.  That gummy brown paste is really hard to get out of your hair! If anybody from work reads this, don't look too closely behind my left ear tomorrow.

Enough whining! Nobody likes a whiner! Well, thank goodness my friends and family do . . .

One more week of working half-time, then back to full time.

I put up what Christmas stuff I'm going to today. Midge and Finn were a big help. I have to watch them so they don't molest my smiley face Santas.

Had a lovely evening last night over at Mar's. She cooked her annual gourmet dinner for the girls who help her with catering. Good food, good company, a very pleasant evening. I ate many things on my "you probably should avoid this list", and I even drank a beer! Yummers.  As you may or may not know, Kay like beer. Beer good. But it is on the list.  The GAS list. The dinner was wonderful, as always . . . visions of banana fritters and rum whipped cream and black raspberry sauce dance in my head! When I went back to work Monday, a thought popped into my head . . . gosh I have to put on a real bra and go to work today! Last night at Mar's I had a similar thought when I realized that 9:00 was by far the latest night in weeks that I had clothes, not PJs on! LOL

I'm still battling my peppermint bark addiction. I have to look on line and see if there is a program I can try.  I was checking out at Wal-mart and I commented to the checker that it was a miracle I made it through the store without putting peppermint bark in my cart. She looked and me and confessed that she had 2 different kinds of peppermint bark in her car. Then she asked me if I knew about the Peppermint Bark Ice Cream! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I've been doing very well walking. I've walked every morning, and then a short walk after dinner. Going a bit further every few days. Feels good.

Take care folks. More after I see doctor on Friday.

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment