Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday, December 9, 2011

Saw my surgeon today. The doc said everything looks good. He just wants to review the report from the colonoscopy I had about a year ago before we schedule the colostomy reversal (woooo hoooo) for mid-late January (but hopefully sooner –my thought, not the doc lol). Looking back, the problems which made the colonoscopy necessary were probably caused by the tumor, but who knew!? I can’t wait! Except I can’t keep the depressing thoughts of entering the hospital again, and chicken broth and clear liquids and needles and IVs and getting out of bed after surgery and hospital gowns and burning through what had seemed like a ridiculous amount of banked sick days and stuff like that. But the result is what matters! I’m going to focus positive thoughts and energy on that. My stoma has healed up and contracted and retracted and has gotten much smaller (this is totally normal), which, in combination with my own somewhat “wavy” (oh shut up) abdomen, presents a new bagging challenge. Grrr. I will conquer it! Hopefully before the surgery! LOL 

My Dad will be 92 on December 12th, and since I was going to be in Joliet today I went ahead and picked him up two of his favorite things . . . a French Silk Pie from Baker’s Square (yummers!), and some sliders from White Castle (ewwwww). Only a girl who loves her dad would invite that odor into her car! It certainly does linger. Anyway, when I ordered the pie at Baker’s Square I noticed the one in the display case had the Christmas décor on it, holly and berries, red and green. Cute, festive chocolate! When the clerk set my pie in the counter, just green stuff, no red! It looked weird to me, not very festive.

Kay: “Why no little red balls?”
Clerk: “I don’t know why the French Silk pies are missing those.”
Kay: “Weird, because I see red little red balls over there on the other pies. Oh well.”
He rang me up, I handed him over a $20 bill, and he is handing me my change he says in kind of a low, secretive voice: “I gave you the senior discount.”
Kay: No words, but I think my face had flashed to the look that, when I used to pitch and the umpire pissed me off very badly, caused a few of them to give me a warning. And honestly folks, it is hard to control your facial expression sometimes, especially when an umpire is watching . . . and making bad calls . . . (and, sadly, this is not my first senior discount grrrr, so I can’t blame it on looking haggard from the surgery).
Clerk – quickly after seeing “THE LOOK”: “To make up for no little red balls!”

Ohhhhhh. LOLOL It was pretty funny. And Kay likes discounts. Just NOT senior discounts. At least not yet. lol

My friend Mar is having us over tomorrow night to decorate sugar cookies. We do it every year. And just so we don't OD on sugar, we have lots of snacks while we decorate. I love that! It’s so much fun. It’s really the only time all year I feel artistic. Stop laughing Mar and Donna! And the cookies, frankly, kick ass! Mar wraps mine (ok she double wraps them), with her razzle dazzle overwrap machine to keep them safe from my snitching so my family can enjoy them at Christmas time. They taste even better after they are frozen. Yum. 

That makes me remember my reason for starting this blog, weight loss and Fat Camp! And good health! Hopefully after this next surgery we can get back to that. I haven’t weighed myself for a while either. I have gotten in the walking groove again. I’ve been walking about an hour a day. I can’t let this cold weather stop me either! Or my return to work full-time next week. It was nice easing back in with four hours a day, to be sure, but with another surgery looming, it’s time to stop using sick days for now. And I admit, the looming surgery is good incentive to keep walking while I can. Walk while the walking is good I say!

Take care folks,

Kay:)







No comments:

Post a Comment