Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Here is MIA Flash Drive Post from Day After Easter



Hi Folks,

Happy Monday! I noticed something weird on my walk this a.m., probably a side effect from the surgery I guess. When I’m walking and I see someone I smile and say hi, but sometimes I just move my lips, and I don’t make any sound.  I know, very strange, even for me. But today, a man was walking up, I smiled, said my silent “Morning, how are you?” and I’ll be a SOB, he answered me! He boomed “Doing great, how are you?!” Wow, freaked me out.  I haven’t found any more money yet either. But I still keep looking.

I hope everyone (does anyone actually read this blog? If you do please leave a comment, or just send me a psychic comment, don’t even move your lips!) had a nice Easter! It was a lovely day here. John helped me plant a new red bud tree, and a bush, I can’t remember the name of it (it’s been nearly 24 hours after all! but if it ever blooms it will be gold), and lots of perennials he shared out. Mostly I supervised, second-in-command to Midge. I’m not up to digging holes yet. How long can Kay play the recuperation card? I’ll let you know.  My belly continues to heal. Sometimes just still a little pulling and discomfort in the area fka my stoma. I’ve found some strong underwear to be very helpful in aiding the healing process, but, not so nice in the muffin top area. Formerly the area around my waist was massive and hard as a rock (but, as I have now learned, NOT hard in a good way). I do have a witness who could attest to that fact. YOU know who you are! Now it is massive and sort of smushy. This muffin top thing is rather unpleasant as well, but much better than the former massive hardness. Anyway, another good reason to step up the exercise.

We had a nice turkey dinner and I made better than *** cake for dessert.  The family enjoyed that for sure. Though I did miss the traditional Carrot Cake, which I’m sure someone will bake for my birthday. Anyways, Mom shared a story about Dad. She was in the kitchen while he was outside on the patio. She heard an alarming crash, looked out window and saw Dad on the ground, on his back with his head propped up against this weird little table that holds his radio. He had knocked over the little table that holds mom’s ashtray! She rushes out, thinking she’s probably going to have to call 9-1-1. Yadda yadda yadda he’s OK after a bit, but apparently he fell off the picnic table bench. Now why would a 92 year old man be up there?  Simple! He wanted to see what the neighbors were doing in their yard. Oh for cry eye! I was scolding him, I said that would be one hell of a way to end up in the nursing home, wouldn’t it? Fall off the picnic table whilst snooping on the girls next door? Good Lord! I told him look, you are kind of cute, and are at an age where you can pretty much get away with murder. If you want to see what they are doing why don’t you just go over there and ask them? You might end up with a cookie or a beer or something.  He gave me a sheepish grin and sort of skipped away. I hope I’m as spry as Dad if I live to be 92. Hell, I hope I’m as spry as Dad if I live to be 65. John asked how many other 92 year olds do you know who can fall as much as Dad and NOT get hurt! I can honestly say, not a damn one.

I stared physical therapy for my rotator cuff last week. I swear, it started feeling better after the first visit. The stretching and massage sure helps. Or maybe it is the stim and ice. I love that! I’ve been doing my at-home exercises too. Hmm. BRB. OK done.  The therapy also really made it clear how out of shape I am. Those months of inactivity turned me into a big wuss. My second therapy appointment the trainer added some light weights in addition to the stretchy band exercises. I was so sore that night! Engage the core, add some light weights, wow, ouch! I need definitely do some stuff besides walking if I’m going to be ready for those 1200 steps on vacation.  Yikes. 1200.

Still trying to get a handle on my food. Still stealing lilacs. Still good at ping pong. Some things will never change I guess.

And, in honor of birthday #3 coming up on April 15th, a couple of baby pictures of Midge and Finnegan. It truly is rare to find a cat as graceful and photogenic as Midge. She really should be in pictures. Maybe horror films ---see her as Godzilla Midge below.

Godzilla Midge!

Please note Midge's french pedicure.



Buddies.


Take care good folk,

Kay







2 comments:

  1. Post more flattering pictures of me please!

    Midge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mabel's mom MaureenApril 19, 2012 at 10:08 AM

    I read your blogs, every one of them, I love them, especially the pictures of Midge and Finnegan. So why doesn't my Mom post pictures of me???? Love, Mabel

    ReplyDelete