Monday, April 23, 2012

Hi Folks,

BE WARNED . . . I learned something last week. If you have recently had a couple of surgeries involving your bowels, and you go to your gastroenterologist for a consult to ask if some little things that are going on are normal and to be expected, and you expect him to lecture you on some healthy dietary changes, he will want to do a colonoscopy and you will find yourself on a clear liquid diet (and NOT the clear liquid diet I enjoyed yesterday afternoon with my friends) AGAIN! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH. After that sunk in (and it took a while lol) I said “What!? Really?! I thought you would tell me to eat more fiber and yogurt and get some probiotics!” That seemed to amuse him. Oh the wit.

I don’t think there is anything majorly wrong, but I admit, it will be nice to confirm that everything is in order down there. The doc said look, you are due for a colonoscopy later this year anyway. Let’s go ahead and do it now instead of later in the year and check things out. If everything is OK you’ll be set for 5-10 years. I asked him if you can do a colonoscopy so soon after the colostomy reversal surgery (duh, he is a doctor, I guess he knows lol), and he replied oh yes, sometimes we do them as soon as 6 weeks after to make sure everything is kosher (my word, not his lol) in there and it is not at all uncommon to have a colonoscopy as a follow-up to colostomy reversal surgery. So now I have the clear liquid diet to look forward to tomorrow and that wonderful (and a different kind than I have used before, maybe it will be more pleasant? hahahaha) bowel prep tomorrow night at 6:00. Whoop-de-frickin-doo. So back to the hospital (yuck) for a colonoscopy (double yuck) on Wednesday. Grrrrrrrr. It’s not happening so fast because there is a sense of urgency, just because the doc and date was available, and because of my upcoming vacation, and I just wanted to get it over with pronto.

Enough whining. The physical therapy on my shoulder is going well. I have one more visit left this Friday. The therapist upped my weights and my reps today. Ouch, but I can tell it is really getting stronger and the pain is gone, a very good thing.

Garden is doing well. I'll be eating a salad before you know it. I think this is the earliest I've ever had radishes from garden. They are small, but delicious.







Vacation and camping coming up fast! I’m looking forward to getting away and drinking some beers and camping coffee (yummo!), and taking some nice hikes, and distancing myself from the surgical/hospital/nausea/bowel/colostomy/colonoscopy memories of these last few months. I think that is just what the doctor should order! And where is this fictional doctor, I want to hire him! LOL I hope 3 states is far enough to get away from it all!

Kay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment